Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thoughts on writing...

One of the things that I love to do is write. Whether that includes, writing my blog posts, and most of all I love writing books/stories, whatever you would call them. But it is so much fun! Mysteries. That is what I mostly write about. I started writing another book lastnight. An idea popped into my head of a story and how it would start, and so I wrote it down. I found out from one of the authors that I like, that the books they write are around 70,000 to 90,000 words. And those books are usually about 280-350 pages long depending on some stuff. But thats a pretty good size book. And so lastnight, I wrote 2,000 words. Which is about 4 pages on Microsoft Works. I don't have a title for it yet. (That is one of the hardest things for me, and names of course) But I just really enjoy writing. I have a problem though. It's called "writer's block". Its when you write until you are stumped, and can't figure out what else to write. I come upon that with all of my books. As a matter of fact, as I went through my stories/books, a couple nights ago. I found the alot of them are still to be finished. They are one of those books that I have a BIG idea for, but when I run out of ideas I just stop. I hope that is not the case in two of my books I am writing now. I have the one I started, lastnight. And then another one that I started a couple months ago. That one is progressing, slowly, but surely. I am up to about 8,000 words in that one (14 pages on Microsoft Works.) So this post was kind of random.  I just thought I would let you know about one of my hobbies and how it is going. I'll post soon, later this week I'm sure about something else that is random. That's all for now.



~JD

2 comments:

  1. Awesome JD!!! Keep it up! I like starting stories, but I can never keep it going. Ugh, oh well. I love reading your posts!!! =D



    --Rye Bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rye Bread!! :) That happens to me on every story I write! I'm trying to get better at it though. Thanks I love reading your posts too!

    ReplyDelete