Sunday, July 13, 2014

Some of my favorites...

Lately, I've been thinking about some Bible verses that have really stuck in my mind throughout the years. Some of my favorites being:

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." 

That verse means a lot to me. For when I'm down and I'm doubting myself in whatever life throws my way. There is no need to fear, cause Christ will give the strength to get through whatever may come our way. God's in control and he knows what will happen. And will give us the strength to make it through each day. Times will get tough, no doubt about that, but when they do lean on Christ and his strength! 

Isaiah: 41:10 - "fear not; for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Another verse that encourages me a lot. It's just so awesome when we are afraid or worried about stuff in this life to know that God is with us. And he will give us strength and help us to get through whatever the situation. He will not leave us on our own. What a great God He is! 

Hebrews 12:1-2: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for  the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

This verse is an encouragement and great reminder to me to keep running the race of the Christian life with endurance. Laying aside every weight. Whatever that might be that is holding me back from Christ. To cut it off, and lay it aside. No distractions. Looking to Jesus, keeping our eyes on him. Seeking first God's kingdom and not the things of this earth.

So those are just a couple of the many verses that are an encouragement to me, and hopefully now, an encouragement to you as well!

~JD


No comments:

Post a Comment