Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Blog!!

I am so excited about starting this blog!! I never thought about doing one before, but lately I have wanted to do one alot. I will try and keep this blog updated as much as I can, but can't promise that I will always remember to update it. This week my sister got home from college! It has been awesome having her back on Spring Break. But its hard to believe there is only one day left. :( Time flies when we are having fun. It's hard to believe how fast these past two years have gone. It feels like a couple weeks since we started doing school, and its getting close to summer! College. Something I don't think about very often, as it's far away in my future, yet as quickly as time flies I better start preparing now! :) Well the first blog post is always the hardest so I will leave you with some lyrics to I song I really enjoy: 

Speak, O Lord 

First Verse: Speak O Lord, as we come to You, 
                  to receive the food, of Your Holy Word.
                  Take Your Truth, plant it deep in us;
                  Shape and fashion us in Your likeness,
                  That the light of Christ might be seen today,
                  In our acts of love and our deeds of faith.
                  Speak O Lord and fulfill in us, all your purposes
                  for Your glory.

Second Verse: Teach us, Lord, full obedience, Holy reverence,
                        true humility. Test our thoughts and our attitudes,
                       in the radiance, of your purity. Cause our faith to rise, 
                       cause our eyes to see, Your majestic love and authority.
                       Words of power that can never fail; Let their truth prevail,
                       over unbelief.

Third Verse: Speak O Lord and renew our minds; Help us grasp the heights,
                    of your plans for us. Truths unchanged from the dawn of time, 
                    that will echo down through eternity. Andy by grace we'll stand on Your
                    promises; And by faith we'll walk as You walk with us.  
                    Speak O Lord, and fulfill in us, all your purposes for your glory.    

By Keith Getty & Stuart Townend

~JD

1 comment: