Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013.....?!?!

I can't believe we're in the midst of a New Year! :) Time is going by so fast. But we had a blast staying up with some awesome friend on New Years Eve, and blew our ear drums out at midnight. :D But all in all, 2012 was a great year! Now with the new year, lots of people are making New Year's Resolutions, including me! This year I want to:

1) I want to read the whole Bible completely, and entirely, in the year 2013, so many times I have tried this and failed, getting off course, but am really hoping that this is the year, that I will complete my goal!! :) 

2) I want to read at least one book per week: Now this doesn't seem like a lot to some people. Not a lot at all. But with me reading is fun, but I'm weird, cause I have spurts of reading. At times I will read like 6-7 books a month. And other times (like now) I will barely read at all. But in 2013 I'm trying to make it a goal to read at least one book per week. Reading is fun, it gets your mind going, and gets you educated in some things. One reason why I do want to read a lot will make more sense in the next resolution.

3) My last resolution is I really REALLY REALLY, want to write and finish 2 books this year. Completely! I rarely finish my stories due to writers block. So that's why I really like to read, I get to see what other authors do with their books, how they come up with clever plots,.and they actually get their characters out of those plots. (That's my trouble) But, I have started many stories, without finishing them. So my goal for this year is to get 2 books written completely, hoping for a goal of 75,000 words each! Which I've totally never done that many, but will try. :) 

Well, I hope you guys had a great Christmas and remembered the reason for the season, in the midst of the business of Winter. And hope you have a great New Year! If you have any New Year's Resolution's of your own made, I hope you will complete those too! :)


~JD

No comments:

Post a Comment